Sydney’s tango scene is growing! Find out where to go for lessons and social dancing.
Update: 27 April 2023
Are you a tango dancer?
Become a member of Tango Synergy and get member discounts to milongas at events hosted by our generous Synergy supporters. Members also get great discounts at Synergy’s Sunday practica and Wednesday milonga.
Beginners, intermediates and advanced students benefit from a host of great tango instructors across the wider Sydney region. Enrolments for tango classes and workshops are found across the suburbs.
Check out the Tango Events for a list of available classes.
Milongas are held almost every night. You can find a comprehensive listing of events on the Tango Events Sydney website. Tango Synergy hosts a milonga each Wednesday at the venue St Johns Church Hall in Darlinghurst.
- Venue: St Johns Church Hall
- Address: 120 Darlinghurst Rd, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
- Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/8UTTS7ezAmDog84K9
- Time: 19:45–10:30
- Day: Every Wednesday
- Cost: $15 or $10 for Synergy members.
Need practice-time to improve your ochos? Practicas are events where we meet and work on our dance moves. Dancers come together at practicas to work on their technique and repertoire.
Synergy hosts it’s own 3 hour Sunday practica, a friendly and casual practice space run by volunteers. Synergy’s practica is hosted in Forest Lodge in Sydney NSW.
- Venue: Harold Park Community Hall, located inside Tramsheds, 1 Dalgal Way, Forest Lodge NSW 2034
- Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/1NfScg3iGhnpYmWo7
- Time: 18:30 – 21:30
- Day: Every Sunday
- Cost: $10 or only $5 if you are a Synergy member.
Sydney is visited by international instructors all throughout the year. See who’s in town!