Tango Synergy is a members’ association for tango dancers, based in Sydney, NSW.
Members of Tango Synergy are entitled to a range of benefits. These currently include:
- Discounted entry to Tango Synergy weekly milonga and Sunday Practica.
- Discounts special events organised by Tango Synergy.
- The opportunity to participate more fully through contributing to music selection and DJing, organisation and promotion
- The opportunity to promote your own business by offering members benefits
- Some reciprocal membership benefits with other Australian tango associations and clubs.
Join now! Become a member of Tango Synergy.
Who is Tango Synergy?
Tango Synergy has a committee of 7 members who are all volunteers and not teachers.
The current committee consists of the following members:
- Johanne Gallagher President
- Alex Nodelman Vice President
- Karen Toker Treasurer
- Crismen Tache Secretary
- Anna Lorusso Ordinary Committee Member
- Andrew McMillan Ordinary Committee Member
- Beatriz Diaz Ordinary Committee Member
Annual General Meetings
Minutes from previous AGMs are available in PDF.
- AGM 2017 Minutes
- AGM 2016 Minutes
- AGM 2015 Minutes
- AGM 2014 Minutes
- AGM 2013 Minutes
- AGM 2012 Minutes
- AGM 2011 Minutes
Our goals are:
- Raising awareness of and promoting Argentine Tango within the community.
- Bringing together and developing the Argentine Tango community by encouraging and enabling current and future dancers and teachers to make connections, practise, improve and dance socially.
- Promoting diversity and growth in the Argentine Tango community.
- Sharing knowledge, expertise and resources relating to Argentine Tango
Background History of Tango Synergy
Tango Synergy was founded by a group of motivated dancers who wanted to provide free or affordable milonga venues in Sydney. Achieving this required insurance, and the best way to get insured was to become incorporated.
So, 14th February 2007, Valentine’s Day, Tango Synergy Incorporated came into being as a non-profit association. The aim is to provide a friendly, inviting environment and to grow, expand and promote Argentine Tango.
The choice of name comes from the basis that “Synergy” means:
- Joint working, co-operation
- Combined or correlated action of a group
The association now has links to other areas in Australia and Worldwide. Synergy has expanded from merely providing Wednesday night milongas in Sydney’s inner suburbs to hosting practicas and special events.
We currently run a regular Wednesday milonga at Bar Cleveland, Surry Hills, as well as a practica in the Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre every 1st, 3rd and occasional 5th Sunday, and an annual event in the Southern Highlands.
Why is Tango Synergy different from other tango schools/organisations?
Tango Synergy is not aligned with any particular individual school or style of tango and it is run by a committee of volunteer tango dancers. The DJs at our milongas are drawn from not just our members but from the broader Australian and International tango community. This helps to give our milongas a unique and diverse nature.